Thursday, November 12, 2009

What am I getting myself into?

I know I normally reserve this space for Tommy pictures and Tommy stories, but over the next week it's gonna be about me.

Tomorrow I start (drumroll, please) the GRAND CABBAGE SOUP EXPERIMENT!!! aka the 7-day cabbage soup diet. The goal of the diet is to drop ten pounds of water weight for a special occasion. The special occasion in question is my cousin's wedding Nov. 21st. I am the matron of honor. My dress fits fine, and really I'm not that distressed about the state of my body. But I'd like to look a little less puffy. Plus, I figure if I can *see what my body looks like 10 pounds lighter, I'll get the motivation to get back on the Weight Watchers train. So it's really sort of an experiment.

Tonight I cook up the soup. It has a LOT of ingredients that aren't cabbage. Mushrooms, carrots, green peppers, etc. Then each day has a different plan/theme. Tomorrow I get cabbage soup plus all the non-banana fruit I want (bananas are a theme for a later day). I figure if nothing else maybe I will find a love for some new fruits and veggies.

Thanks to Dee for the info and inspiration! I will make you my role model for the next 7 days.

So I don't get any beer or chocolate, right?

Damn.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. nope..no booze.. :(
    Suggestion.. put extra mushrooms in there if you're a fan. Makes it more tasty too. Also, a little cayenne helps.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete